1 Cup Butter (soft)
¾ Cup Turbinado Sugar
2 ½ Cups Sifted Whole-wheat Pastry Flour
2 tsp. Cinnamon powder
¼ tsp. Nutmeg
1/8 tsp. Ginger powder
1. Cream butter and sugar
2. Sift flour and spices together
3. Work flour mixture into creamed mixture
4. Roll 1/8″ thick on a lightly floured surface
5. Cut with Christmas cookie cutters
6. Bake @ 325 degrees 15 to 20 minutes. I like to use a non-stick-baking sheet but any sheet will work well and doesn’t require oiling.
I know you will have fun making these and they are delicious! They are great gifts as well!
1 thought on “MOM’S SPICED SHORTBREADS”
Just like how my mom does it too. That is really my all time favorite ecipe of my mother. Great to see and read the recipe here.